For the past 15 years, I have seen the same reasons why dealerships invest in Service Advisor Training. Having been involved with over 300 dealerships in that time, I thought I would share my insight into the top ten areas that dealerships want to see changed.
- The Service Manager setting sales goals, both individually and the department as a whole.
- Providing the Service Management with coaching techniques.
- Setting up proper appointments and collecting important information while on the phone.
- Implementing Service Advisor “walk-arounds” with the customer.
- Proper presentation of Menu and Inspection prior to vehicle going in to the shop.
- Educating the customer on the importance of the “Service Inspection”.
- Educate and remind customers about the importance of routine maintenance.
- Pointing out savings or special deals.
- Educating the customer of potential or important safety issues.
- Providing a 10-12-2 status updates of customer’s vehicle to improve customer satisfaction.
More on Automotive Service Advisor Training can be viewed at http://dealerserviceacademy.com/. If you want to see how you can increase your bottom line by implementing these policies, please try our Profit Improvement Calculator at http://dealerserviceacademy.com/about/profit-improvement-calculator/